Volunteer with Us
We have many different volunteer opportunities. Some are long term, some are temporary or seasonal. Some require a considerable time commitment, while others can be done with 30 minutes every week. Training and necessary supplies are provided. Please be able to commit to at least 6 months of volunteering (how much you volunteer in that time is up to you!)
Get started by reading what to expect, then fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
HOW TO BECOME AN AHS VOLUNTEER
- Fill out and submit the form on the right side of this page (someone will follow up with you).
- Attend your volunteer session.
- You will be sent emails about volunteer opportunities – sign up and show up!
- If you choose to be on a specific team, you’ll receive emails from that team lead.
- All sessions will be the first Saturday of the month every 2 months. All sessions will be held at Petco from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm.
FUTURE SESSION DATES
March 2, 2019
May 4, 2019
July 6, 2019
September 7, 2019
November 2, 2019
Must be 18+
Must be able to commit to 6 months
We are always looking for volunteers to help at our events, but we also have specific teams that need assistance. Below are a few programs we need volunteers for. If there is something you would like to do or think you can contribute that is not on this list, please let us know!
• Education: AHS Education Programs are designed to encourage and enable responsible pet guardianship. Too many animals end up homeless because their guardians do not understand how to care for their pets.
• Canine and Feline Foster/Adoption Program: AHS recruits and trains volunteers to work as volunteer foster homes and case managers to care for and find good homes for dogs and cats in our care. AHS pays all necessary expenses for our foster animals.
• Community Cats Programs: Because the majority of the calls AHS receives about cats concern stray and/or feral cats, beginning in 2007, AHS will refocus our volunteer energy and resources into the research and development of Community Cat Programs that will allow us to do more for more cats, ALL cats. We will also continue to support the WHS cat foster/adoption program in every way we can.
• Digital Marketing Team – Help us spread the word about AHS! The marketing team is in charge of creating content for the AHS website, sending bi-monthly newsletters and posting to social media. If you are someone who enjoys writing content or taking photos, we want your help!
• Paws and Claws Committee to help plan with our event– Last Sunday in July – Help organize, get donations, and make phone calls for our annual fundraising event.