COVID-19 Information from AHS
AHS Public Announcement – updated 5/6/2020
Washington will begin easing the restrictions in the Stay Home Order. It is a gradual, data-driven approach – the safest and fastest way to recover. Reopening too fast or too soon will cause more harm than good.
To follow the Guidelines put in place by Governor Inslee, and by the Whatcom County Health Department, AHS will take the following steps to insure the safety of all and adherence to these guidelines for restrictions:
* All adoption events are cancelled/postponed until September 2020.* Paws and Claws 2020 has been cancelled. We look forward to your participation in 2021.* Donations are still being accepted in our bin at the Bellingham Petco located by the front door. Cash donations of any amount you choose are most welcome too.* All meet-and-greets and potential adoptions will be done by appointment only and at the discretion of case managers and fosters following safe distancing and PPE protocols.
Thank you for your understanding and for your continued support as we get through this together.
Rudy's Knee Surgery
Please help AHS raise more money to get Rudy the double knee surgery she needs to live a full and comfortable life!
Please help us help this deserving girl, with any amount you’d like and are able to give—everything helps!
Save an Animal
Adopting a Pet
Adoption fees for DOGS are:
- Puppies (up to age 18 months): $300 (plus $200 spay/neuter deposit for puppies that are not spayed or neutered at time of adoption)
- Adults (18 months - 8 years old): $220
- Seniors (8 years and up): $180
Adoption fees for CATS are:
- Kittens (up to one year): $160
- Adult cats (over one year): $100
(All cats are FIV/FELV tested.)
MakING a Donation
We are an all-volunteer organization. We have no shelter, office, or paid staff. All of our funds go toward helping our dogs and cats.
Our highest cost by far are our veterinary bills. All of our dogs leave our care fully vaccinated, spayed and neutered, and micro-chipped.
We are asking for these funds to help with our vet bills.