Save an Animal
Adopting a Pet
Adoption fees for DOGS are:
- Puppies (up to age 18 months): $275 (plus $200 spay/neuter deposit for puppies that are not spayed or neutered at time of adoption)
- Adults (18 months – 8 years old): $200
- Seniors (8 years and up): $160
Adoption fees for CATS are:
- Kittens (up to one year): $160
- Adult cats (over one year): $100
Adoption fees include:
- Basic shots, spay/neuter, and microchip on dogs and cats (except puppies under 6 months of age). All cats are FIV/FELV tested.
MakING a Donation
We are an all-volunteer organization. We have no shelter, office, or paid staff. All of our funds go toward helping our dogs.
Our highest cost by far are our veterinary bills. All of our dogs leave our care fully vaccinated, spayed and neutered, and micro-chipped.
We are asking for these funds to help with our vet bills.
What we do
FOSTERING and ADOPTIONs
AHS members foster dogs and cats in our own homes, and we work to match them with the best possible adopters. We have several thousand success stories, and each one is special!
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND EDUCATION
Our educational programs are designed to encourage and enable responsible pet guardianship. We also work with partner organizations (e.g., Community Cats and WeSNIP) for services that we ourselves do not provide.
BRINGing ADOPTABLE Pets TO THE COMMUNITY
We have plenty of events to give you to opportunity to meet your perfect new four-legged family member. Check out the events calendar for dates, times, and places.
Spay & NEuter
We have a spay/neuter program in place for local dogs and cats. Our voucher program helps in Whatcom County, depending upon availability of funding.
WE WANT YOU
We have many different volunteer opportunities. Some are long term, some are temporary or seasonal. Some require a considerable time commitment, while others can be done with just 30 minutes per week. Training and necessary supplies are provided.