Enjoy shopping? Buy gifts and necessities for our furry friends! The Amazon and Chewy links below go directly to their wish lists.
Welcome to the
Alternative Humane Society
The Alternative Humane Society (AHS) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit animal welfare organization serving Whatcom County, Washington.AHS has been helping animals and educating the public since 1977. 100% of the money we raise goes toward our programs. We have no shelter, office, or paid staff.
What’s New and What’s Happening
Look forward soon to even more announcements of upcoming events!
Your Help Is Much Needed
Help us grow our GivingGrid! Some dogs that our group rescued needed extra measures to help them continue into a forever home—healthy, safe, and happy. Dental surgeries were expensive, and we are low on funding to help more animals. Anything you can contribute (over $3 please) will go directly and completely toward assisting our cat and dog friends.
Adoption fees for DOGS are:
- Puppies (up to age 18 months): $330 (plus $170 spay/neuter deposit for puppies that are not spayed or neutered at time of adoption)
- Adults (18 months – 8 years old): $250
- Seniors (8 years and up): $190
Adoption fees for CATS are:
- Kittens (up to 1 year): $190
- Adults Cats ( 1 to 7 years): $130
- Seniors (8 years and up) $100 (All cats are FIV/FELV tested.)
AHS is a Foster-only Rescue
The Alternative Humane Society is a foster-only rescue organization. We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit animal welfare organization serving Whatcom County, Washington, helping animals and educating the public since 1977
We have no shelter, office, or paid staff. Our programs include Canine Foster & Adoption, Spay & Neuter Assistance, and Community Cats Information and Referral.
Mission Statement: The Alternative Humane Society of Whatcom County is an all-volunteer, non-profit animal welfare organization dedicated to improving the lives of dogs and cats and helping them find and stay in permanent loving homes.
Our goals are:
• To make Whatcom County a community where no healthy animals are euthanized
• To prevent unwanted dog and cat births through spay and neuter assistance
• To cultivate respect and awareness for the needs of animals through education
• To advocate for the humane treatment of dogs and cats in all areas of life
PO Box 2321
Bellingham WA 98227